All you need to know about UPCPMT 2018
The Uttar Pradesh Combined Pre Medical Test is one of the renowned examinations of Uttar Pradesh and is a state level medical entrance examination. It is for the entry into the medical courses such as BAMS, BUMS and BHMS. The admissions will be done through the NEET into the MBBS and BDS courses. The examination is conducted by Dr Ram Manohar Lohiya University, Awadh.
The complete information about the examination is available on the official portal. The admission is granted on the basis of the seat availability. The online registration for the exam will start in the 2nd week of March 2018. The last date to submit the online application form will be in the 3rd week of April 2018. The results will be announced around June first week, 2018. The counseling will begin in the 4th week of June 2018.
The application form will be available online only. The candidates need to visit the official website to fill the form. The scanned photographs and the documents must be uploaded as per the dimensions specified in the advertisement notification of the examination.
The fee can be paid online as well as offline. The candidates belonging to the General/OBC need to pay 1400INR. The reserved category candidates need to pay 750INR for the examination. The fee can be paid through online modes such as net banking facilities or debit card or credit card or e-challan in the bank branch. The application fee will not be refunded in any case. The candidates need to pay the fee before the last date of the submission.
The eligibility criteria’s for UPCPMT Exam 2018 are-
- The candidate must have a domicile of UP or must have been passed or must be appearing in the 10th and the 12th examination of the UP state.
- The candidate should not be more than 17 years as on 31st December at the time of the year of admission.
- The Candidates those qualifying in 10+2 or any equivalent exam from recognized board or any other prestigious university are eligible to appear for the examination.
- The Candidates must have passed their qualifying exam in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-Technology and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English.
UPCPMT Exam Pattern 2018
There will be total 200 questions in the examination i.e. 50 questions from each section. The duration of the examination will be three hours. There will be multiple choice questions in the examination. There will be negative marking in the examination. One mark will be awarded for every correct answer. There will 50 questions from each subject namely physics, chemistry, biology and mathematics.
CPMT consist of four sections such as –
The syllabus of physics is divided into two parts:
- Electron Physics
- Atomic Physics and
- Nuclear Physics
- Measurements and Kinematics
- Wave motion and Sound
- General Properties of Matter, Heat, and Light
Chemistry Section for CPMT:
The syllabus of chemistry is also divided into two parts
- Alkyl halides
- Aromatic Compound
- Study of alkali
- Alkaline metals
The study of Equilibrium (Chemical)
- Laws of Gases
- Thermo chemistry
- Transition Elements
- Preparation of Colloidal Solution
Botany Section for CPMT
- Plant Kingdom
- Systematic study of Algae, Bacteria, and Fungi etc
- The study of Photosynthesis
- Respiratory system
- Growth & Movements
- Human evolution
- Cell Differentiation
Zoology Section for CPMT
- Animal Tissues
- Organic Evolutions
- Origin of Life
- Mutation and
- Animal Physiology
How to apply
- The first step is to visit the official portal. The candidate needs to search for the apply online link option after reading all the instructions in the advertisement given about the exam. The link will redirect the candidate to the application form where all the information needs to be filled clearly and accurately.
- The payment options must also be checked properly before the payment of the fees. Various details regarding the application form should be filled and the supporting certificates must be attached as per the specifications mentioned in the advertisement.
- After the payment of the fee, a receipt will be generated which will contain the user id and the password for the candidate.